8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) English Session Online
The 8-week stress reduction program, including a 90-minute orientation and day-long retreat, is based on intensive training in mindfulness. 26 CEUs upon completion.
Time&Location / Hora&Ubicación
Oct 20, 2022, 6:00 PM EDT – Dec 15, 2022, 8:30 PM EST
On Zoom. Every Thursday 6 - 8:30 PM
About / Sobre
If the program is closed, click here to join our waiting list. We will contact you very soon. Thank you!
The 8-week stress reduction program was initially targeted to individuals with chronic health problems, helping them to cope with the effects of pain, illness and the impact of these conditions on their lives. Today MBSR is taught to people throughout the world who are experiencing challenges in all areas of life. Professionals can earn 26 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) upon completion. If you are seeking CEU's, be sure to add them to your cart below.
The motivation for many to enroll in MBSR begins with a desire to live in a way that
incorporates key aspects of mindfulness, presence, awareness, and a sense of being in touch with oneself
and the life around. Through the regular training in mindfulness that an MBSR course offers, participants
become familiar with their behavior patterns, especially concerning stressful situations. They also
learn that though they cannot always change the circumstances in which they find themselves, they can
choose how to respond to them. In MBSR this process is described as going from reacting to responding,
with the latter involving a clearer perception of the circumstances through being in touch with the
thoughts, sensations and emotions that are present.
Attendees must complete this Pre-Course Questionnaire.
Attendees must attend ONE 90-minute Orientation:
Thursday, October 6, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. OR
Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Class Days and Times:
6:00 p.m.-8:30-9:00 p.m. EST
Thursday, October 20, 27; Thursday, November 3, 10, 17; and Thursday, December 1, 8, 15.
Sunday, November 20
Participants will learn:
1. A broad repertoire of informal and formal meditation and mindfulness practices and cultivate a
systematic way to integrate them in their everyday lives.
2. Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm.
3. Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful
situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction.
4. Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels.
5. Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover quickly from challenging events.
6. Cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease,
and peace of mind.
7. Articulate the key aspects of mindfulness as it relates to stress reduction, coping with pain and
illness and enhancing well-being
8. Practice and apply mindfulness techniques in both personal and professional settings as a means of
contending more effectively with the demands of life, and to facilitate more effective and mindful
Tickets / Entradas
8-Week MBSR English Session
This ticket registers you for the 8-week MBSR online course (October 20 - December 15, 2022), a course orientation (October 6 or October 13), and the course retreat (November 20, 2022).
+$0.63 service fee
Continuing Education Credits are provided upon completion from the following boards: APA, NBCC ACEP, NASW-MA Chapter, MA-DESE
+$0.63 service fee0